Wednesday 7 March 2012

OUCE255 Module Self Evaluation

What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I have learnt a lot about the whole process of going about setting up a business, something which I didn't know anything about to begin with but would now feel confident enough to go ahead and give it a go. It opened my eyes to the possibilities of doing so and it has made it into a process which doesn't any longer feel like a scary one to even consider.


What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
The whole process of this module was mainly focused on the research side and understanding of ot, and I do think that I tried to ensure that I took onboard what was being told to me. In terms of the design aspect, I applied skills which I am currently working on in other modules at the moment such at the type one and applied them into the designs that I produced. This allowed me a great opportunity to apply what I have learnt into something which feels more real, and I certainly saw the benefits of it through this.


What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
As a group we worked really well in terms of getting things done and to a standard in which we were all satisfied with. In previous modules when it came to group work it definitely wasn't my strongest point, but I feel with this module I have learnt a whole lot about working in a group and do feel a lot more confident in myself now to do so in the future. Working amongst friends and people that I spend quite a bit of time with allowed me to focus on the task in hand, but also establish within myself where I felt my weaknesses lie and work on these throughout the module.


What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
Even though I do feel that I learnt a lot about actually working within a group, I do still feel like I could have contributed more towards what we were doing at times. Because I don't feel confident enough to step up or take charge I would sometimes wait until an opportunity came up for me to do something as opposed to making sure I found something. This is certainly something I have learnt and realised now and will be something I ensure I don't let happen with future modules.


Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

  • I will speak up more within group situations. I am not too bad with this at times although sometimes when I don't understand something or don't 100% agree with what is being discussed I usually just sit back and let them happen, but after stepping up within this module at times I have definitely seen the benefits from doing so.
  • I will blog more regularly. I say this with almost every module, but this one has really opened my eyes to how much easier I could make it on myself if I was to keep on top of my blogging.
  • I will continue to learn about what we have covered within the module. I have learnt a whole lot during this module, and definitely think it will help with any future ventures which may come up in the future, therefore I will ensure that I don't let myself get out of touch with this stuff so that if something was to come up in the future then I would be ready for it.
  • I will ask more questions. When ever there comes a time when I don't feel fully understanding of what is going on I will push myself to question it in order to help understanding. This will avoid any awkward situations which may come up if I don't do this.
  • I will prioritise my time better. This is the module that I really let slip into the back seat so I didn't spend as much time on it as I feel that I could have, therefore I will make sure that with any similar future modules I will avoid this happening by prioritising and planning my time out better and more efficiently.

Attendance - 4
Punctuality - 3
Motivation - 3
Commitment - 4
Quantity of work produced - 4
Quality of work produced - 4
Contribution to the group - 3

No comments:

Post a Comment