Tuesday 6 March 2012

Enterprise Task 3: How will I promote myself?

Knowing how to promote yourself is one of the key things within design to ensure that you get right in order for it to work effectively. When it comes to self promotion, the people that I would be contacting want to hear about my skills and interests, and how what I have to offer could possibly benefit them in some way. They want to hear positive things about myself such as the fact that I am hard working and have a keen eye for detail.

I should tell the client about my interests within graphic design, and how this relates to what it is that they do already, as well as maybe give some examples of other qualities that I have to offer for them. Not only should I explain this but I should also find an effective way to show them as well, that way the points that I would be raising would be backed up and more 'believable'.

The communication would be key between who I was contacting and myself. Too much contact could begin to get annoying and look a little bit desperate, where as not enough contact could make me out to not actually be that interested in them. The key is to find the right balance between this in order to form some sort of a relationship to then build upon this and gain their trust and interest. There are many ways of communicating with someone, and it would keep things more interesting to maybe use a mixture of ways rather than tiring someone out with the same thing all of the time. For example, I could mail over something to a design studio, and possibly follow it up by an email or a phone call. Then after this I could keep in regular (but not too much) contact with small things through social media websites such as twitter or facebook, and occasionally send over an email with more important/interesting conversations. Which hopefully then could maybe lead on to visits and placements.

No comments:

Post a Comment