Friday 1 October 2010

Alphabet Soup Pt 1 - Self Evaluation

What is being communicated and how?
My final piece is a process of ten designs communicating the word 'shake'.

How well does this answer the brief?
It answers the brief well because I feel that by looking at my designs you can tell the word I am communicating. I have used a fairly obvious solution to the brief and I think it looks effective.

How well has the idea been visually explored?
I researched into a variety of different meanings that there is of the word shake, as well as looked at some related words to get me thinking. So then while these ideas were circulating through my mind I went onto google images and got a few images to use for my research to influence my experiments. I thought of a good variety of ideas and then followed this up by drawing out sketches/visuals for them, followed by digitizing some of the ideas further before making my final idea decision.

What are the strengths of the resolution?
I think that within the time limit we had I think I did pretty well at the ideas development aspect of this brief. I came up with a good variety of ideas and followed them through into sketches/visuals. Also, I don't think I did too bad with my time management either.

How could it be improved?
I could possibly improve my response to this brief by gathering some more research, possibly a bit more varied to help influence my ideas. Also, I could maybe experiment more with some of my development work, possibly with colours etc.

General comments...
I think this was a good brief to do, and I will respond to some of the feedback I received from out crit when I have a bit of free time (if that's possible).

No comments:

Post a Comment